The Government has published its 4-Step road map to ease the current lockdown in England and we would encourage you to read the full detail of this on the Gov.UK website.
Restaurants and cafes will be able to open for outdoor service from 12th April, subject to an assessment of data. There will be no requirement for a substantial meal to be served alongside alcoholic drinks, and no curfew. The requirement to order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’) will remain.
At The Waterfront we want your shopping and dining experience to be safe and stress-free, so we are working together with the centre’s businesses and have in place a host of measures, to help you stay safe.
- Clear signage to encourage 2 metre distancing.
- Businesses are carrying out extensive, scheduled cleaning with even more focus on key touch points.
- Restaurants are providing table service only and have track and trace systems in place; with adequate spacing between tables to ensure visitors feel comfortable when sitting in and outdoors.
- Hand sanitising stations at locations throughout The Waterfront.
- The public toilets continue to remain closed due to the ongoing COVID-19.
Guidance for a safer visit
- Plan your trip
- Check government guidance if you feel unwell and only go to The Waterfront if it is safe for you to do so.
- Use the QR code to record your visit to the site.
- Give yourself plenty of time as you may need to queue.
- Social distance.
- Follow government guidance in relation to wearing a face covering. The latest advice can be found here. This currently means guests must wear a face covering when visiting all businesses at The Waterfront – we do appreciate that there are reasons for exemption.
- You must wear a mask right up to the point when you are seated at a table but are not required to wear a face covering while eating in the restaurants. However, please wear your face covering when you are walking through a venue or order food to take away. While you are eating, your face covering must not be placed on the dining table.
- Queue considerately and be aware of other people using the footpaths.
- If possible make payments with cards or contactless payment.
- After leaving The Waterfront wash or sanitise your hands.