Covid-19 Regulations at The Waterfront
The Government’s Covid-19 Tiered system of national restrictions will come into force on 2nd December 2020 and we are pleased to report that Eastbourne, including Sovereign Harbour and The Waterfront, will fall into Tier 2 (High Alert).
At The Waterfront we want your shopping and dining experience to be safe and stress-free, so we are working together with the centre’s businesses and have in place a host of measures, which we think will help.
- Clear signage to encourage 2 metre distancing.
- Businesses are carrying out extensive, scheduled cleaning with even more focus on key touch points.
- Restaurants are providing table service only and have track and trace systems in place.
- Restaurants are to stop taking food and drink orders at 10pm and must close by 11pm
- Hand sanitising stations at locations throughout The Waterfront.
- The public toilets continue to remain closed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Guidance for a safer visit
- Plan your trip
- Check government guidance if you feel unwell and only go to The Waterfront if it is safe for you to do so.
- Give yourself plenty of time as you may need to queue.
- Social distance.
- Follow government guidance in relation to wearing a face covering. The latest advice can be found here. This currently means guests must wear a face covering when visiting all businesses at The Waterfront – we do appreciate that there are reasons for exemption.
- You are not required to wear a face covering while eating in the restaurants. However, please wear your face covering when you are walking through a venue or order food to take away. While you are eating, your face covering must not be placed on the dining table.
- Queue considerately and be aware of other people using the footpaths.
- If possible make payments with cards or contactless payment.
- After leaving The Waterfront wash or sanitise your hands.